Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pictures

Here are some pictures, kind of in reverse chronological order. Hope you like them. I'll try to put pics up more regularly from now on.


President Obama and President Mills at the Accra airport. Absolutely amazing!


My future puppy if all works out. So cute!


Elyse, Beth, and I wearing matching shirts by pure coincidence. I typically match someone in my group everyday by pure coincidence.


Traditional dancing performed for us on field trip with Cynthia and Zoe joining in.


Learning a traditional dance with about 100 kids watching us.


The house I stayed in during vision quest (view from the courtyard shared with the landlord and his wife)


My host family. I live with the grandmother, and my host sister and her daughter live in Accra.


My roommate, Katherine, for the first two weeks and my substitute mom while I'm here for two years. We were at the Ambassador's house for a welcome party.

6 comments:

  1. I don't get this room mate...she looks a lot older than you ...and i thought you were going to be alone?? Auntie p

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog is cute and all that dancing looks fun. Can we get a lesson when you come home? I love that you are showing off the Pinehurst shirt too. Your host family looks like they adore you, they are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pic Julie keep it up. P.S. you look great. Love Auntie Mare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of the look alike shirts! I think there is good luck in a common color. Make a wish. Elyse's mom, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunty P, we had roommates for two weeks before we moved into homestay and she was my roommate. She is a lot older than me, you are very observant, haha. The trainees in our group range in age from 21 to 78 years old. We're a great group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pics Julie!! Keep'em comin'!

    <3 Christine

    ReplyDelete