Thursday, May 13, 2010

Clinic Renovations

I just sent in my final copy of my proposal for money to fix my clinic on Friday, and guess what? Its already on the website so people can donate to it! If you haven't heard about this already, it means you are not on my email list and you're not my facebook friend. I just found out that the request was on the website yesterday and today I found out we already raised $600! Keep up the good work everyone. If you haven't donated yet, or want more information to decide if you want to donate, go to this website:
https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.donors.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=641-295

Overall, when the clinic opens it will become the closest clinic for people in 15 villages. That means you'd be helping about 11,000 people. As soon as I raise all the money, we'll start the repairs and hopefully get the clinic running this year. Also, by donating to this project, you know exactly where your money is going. All the money donated goes directly to my project and I will oversee all the work so that I can make sure all the money is spent wisely.

That's my exciting news for now. Other than that, I'm still in Accra waiting for my abcess to heal. Its almost healed now and I should be leaving on Tuesday morning. I'm enjoying the break, but I'm ready to get back, so I hope it continues to heal well and quickly.

Thanks in advance for all your donations!

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting..we are working on a fund raiser in the mean time I will donate my little peice via the web site next week...Glad you are improving keep it up...Love you ..Aunti P

    ReplyDelete