Friday, June 25, 2010

Fans!!!

After my electrician took three days for this father's funeral, as is the muslim tradition, he came back and finished the job. I had a meeting in another village while he was doing the work, but he apparently had to crawl around in my ceiling a lot and spent about 3 or 4 hours working on my messed up wiring. But, when I got home, I had working fans and lights!!! I never gave fans enough credit when I was home. They are the most amazing things in the world! It's sooo nice to sleep under a ceiling fan now. The lights attract bugs, but are useful sometimes, but its the fans that I am incredibly grateful for.

Also, Nicole asked about my garden. Well, we planted some yams, corn, and carrots, but after a very windy night, the goats got into my garden and ate the corn that had started growing. So, I think we'll have to replant the corn, but I have high hopes. We are also nursing tomatoes, peppers, and onions, but that isn't going great either. I think the onions won't make it but maybe the tomatoes and peppers will be okay.

Finally, thanks for all the clinic donations so far! Only about $1,000 to go. You guys are great, keep spreading the word about it.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for electricity and fans - I love fans and just moving the stale air around sometimes makes a huge difference in comfort level. Just ask Claire - her mean parents have yet to buy an air conditioner for her bedroom :-)

    Damn goats eating your corn! I hope you can take care of everything else and bring those veggies back to life. You should create a Bob Marley for the garden like the one that was in Vermont. Maybe that could bring you some lcuk.

    What would be some good things to send over in a package?

    And lastly - who are you really cheering for in Saturdays soccer game?

    ReplyDelete