Sunday, June 14, 2009

News From Julie

Hi,

I am doing well. I am having fun and getting ready to really start training now. We are on our way back from vision quest where we got to stay at someone's site for about 5 days. I was at a site way out in the middle of nowhere with no electricity or running water. It was fun and opened my eyes to a lot of the issues I will have to deal with. I will be fine with the living conditions, but we'll see about dealing with the community issues because there are many. I am excited to find out where my site is next week. We have our site interviews in the next couple of days, and then we find out where we are going and start learning the language. I don't have much time right now, but thought I should let you know that I am doing well and having fun. I dont have my address book with me so I don't have other email addresses, so please spread the word that I am doing well and I am happy. Mom, you can update my blog if you want. Oh yea, and I think I am getting a phone sometime in the next week or two so I will let you know my number and all that.

Love and miss you all!
Julie




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, my name is Kerry and I stumbled across your blog when looking at Ghana blogs. I have a good friend on the same tour as you and it looks like you guys are settling in well! I'll keep you and all the trainees in my thoughts :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I stumbled across your blog as well. The best way to call Ghana is by using Skype. When using phone cards they might charge you minutes even when your phone call does not go through. Phone communication can be difficult at times in Ghana.

    God Bless & Good Luck.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete